Chaos to Cosmos
The path from chaos to cosmos was discovered by telling one's life story

Thursday 18 September 2008

Summon the Mole Killer

Working down my excessively long list of unresolved medical issues, on my last visit to the doctor, I asked him to look at a number of moles. (Nothing to do with furry blind animals!)

These were reasonably large and lumpy chaps that did worry me a little, because they'd either appeared from nowhere or grown from small flat freckles in only the last few years and, a couple of them often itch too, so they annoy me, as well as that being a potentially bad sign.

The GP has looked at them with a special light / tool and says they are harmless, but he did immediately offer me the chance to get them frozen off, which given the annoyance factor, seems like it could be a good idea.

Went to reception to organize the appointment (for today) and the woman says, "Oh you want the nitro clinic." WTF are they going to blow them off?

The way she said it, mind you, made me think more of the "nit nurse."

But I like to know something about what I'm letting myself in for and discover that this is Cryosurgery of moles, freezing them off with Liquid Nitrogen. I sincerely hope this doesn't turn out to be carnage and that I don't live to regret this decision. What if they get mixed up and preserve me at a very low temperature? Maybe I'd be better booking a Nitro party instead? :)

Photo: by Chris Harley