Chaos to Cosmos
The path from chaos to cosmos was discovered by telling one's life story

Monday 6 April 2009

Monday, April 6th, 2009

Such a pleasant morning, although I still felt dreadful, as I had done for days, nah, weeks, years ... But, I dragged myself out to a local writers' group. It's something I wanted to go to and, I enjoyed being able to interact with human beings, but the challenges of getting there - too early for my stiff body and a much longer walk than I can comfortably manage even on the best days - really showed up in my complete inability to, well, write anything even nearing coherent!

This was probably the first "purely social" activity I'd engaged in (unless someone took me), for years and, I know the importance of not becoming a hermit, but it really does not help that, because there are so few buses, one is forced always to go to things way too early and / or hang about for hours afterwards. To a healthy person, this might present an opportunity to do a bit of shopping or something, but not to me any more. As it was, from a 2 hour activity that began at 10:30 a.m., the first bus home would be after 2 p.m. and the next not until just before 5 p.m. That's really too long and, I had no choice but to pay for a taxi, because I could no longer walk, I was in terrible pain, my legs were like lead and I could hardly put one foot in front of the other. When I got home, I just crashed, exhausted and fell asleep, involuntarily. Won't be doing that again.