Chaos to Cosmos
The path from chaos to cosmos was discovered by telling one's life story

Tuesday 6 October 2009

Autumnal snuffles ...

This morning I woke up coughing, snuffling, sneezing and full of catarrh. I ache (more than usual) everywhere, but particularly in my neck and shoulders, upper arms, forearms and wrists, lower back ... My thigh muscles are icy and in spasm as though "frozen solid" (as they always do in winter) and today's totally new symptom was a sharp shooting pain at the top of my lower legs, which gave way (lost power) when I walked to the kitchen.

On top of all that, I'm alternating between sweating hot flush and feverish shivering, my eyes are full of granulated muck and occasionally, I have waves of strange malaise: a sort of lightheaded feverishness with nausea, when the room spins even if I'm lying down, just as if I were drunk.

I've only been awake for 2 hours and already I'm having trouble remaining upright. Well, for upright, read reclining on the bed supported by a cushion mountain, but my back and neck have had enuff already and feel as if they can no longer support me. The weather outside is being damp and autumnally cool, which I suspect is the reason for this sudden increase in my symptoms.