Chaos to Cosmos
The path from chaos to cosmos was discovered by telling one's life story

Monday 21 April 2008

Updates on the domestic situation ...

The new tap with free shower in the kitchen. Note it has always been cold only.

Updates on the domestic situation. In a nutshell: 
  • The toilet is fixed, for now. I don't want to sound negative, but it's an old cistern that's had small repairs. They aren't going to last forever.
  • The water pressure is crap and insufficient for the water heater again.
  • Plumbers inspected the leaking water heater and say it cannot be repaired and will need to be replaced (chance of landlord doing this, considerably lower than extracting milk from a bull), so once again, I'm without hot water, cannot shower, cannot wash my hair ...
  • The tap in the kitchen had to be replaced, but as the old style sink is so old, small and, frankly like everything else here, crap, the best fitting tap they could get is in the wrong place for the sink and the right place to drench me in cold water. No this will NOT substitute for the shower!
  • And, I'm still without a washing machine. Since nobody has come (as was promised) to look at the machine itself, I'll have to try under the guarantee or get my own repairer (because of the water heater problem, the water supply has to be turned off to it anyway.)
If I weren't living this nightmare, I'd think it was a comedy sketch too!